In this post, I’ll demonstrate some simple steps about how to make silicone keyboard cover stick so that you won’t have to spend money on adhesive strips every month!
Are you sick of spilling your drink all over your laptop and keyboard? Does the thought of having to buy a new one make you want to pull out your hair? Try this simple hack for making silicone keyboard covers stick! It’s easy, but first, let me tell you why people have trouble with it in the first place.
Reason why silicone keyboard cover don’t stick
There are two main reasons that these sticky rubber keyboards don’t work:
1) they’re not applying enough force on the pad/keyboard because they’re using their fingertips instead of using their palm.
2) there is too much space between the keypad and where the user is resting his or her fingers.
Step by step approach
Silicone is one of the most popular materials used in cases and covers because it’s so easy to clean. But there may come a time when your silicone keyboard cover isn’t sticking anymore. Don’t worry – today we’re going to show you how to make silicone keyboard covers sticky again in simple steps:
- Wipe down the surface where the case will be placed with rubbing alcohol or damp cloth;
- Peel off any dust or dirt from between the keys on your keyboard;
- Apply silicon glue liberally over the top of the area that needs fixing;
- Make sure the silicone cover is dust free and dry;
- Apply the silicone cover to your keyboard, making sure not to stretch it too much;
- Use a credit card or similar object to push out any air bubbles that might be left on the surface of the silicone cover;
- Allow at least 24 hours for drying before using again;
- Use a hairdryer to heat up the silicone for 5-10 minutes;
- Let cool down before using again; and
- Repeat steps 1-4 if you need to replace the silicone cover in future years because it has become dirty or worn out from use.
If you have an old laptop, you can also purchase a new case for it online for $20-$25 and then put on this same type of cover overtop as well! It will keep your computer clean and free from dirt/dust particles too!