If your laptop battery does not retain enough charge for longer period then this post will answer to question of how much does a laptop battery cost.
A laptop battery is one of the most important components of a computer. If your battery dies, you will not be able to use your laptop for long periods of time without plugging it in and charging it. This can be very inconvenient if you are traveling or on the go.
Laptop batteries are expensive, especially if you need to replace them often.
Average cost to replace a dead laptop battery
The average cost to replace a dead laptop battery is $100-$200 dollars depending on what kind of device you have. It’s also an inconvenience when your battery dies while traveling, causing you to wait hours for it to charge back up before continuing with your day-to-day tasks.
Average lifespan of a laptop battery
The average lifespan of a laptop battery is 3-5 years. But there are many factors that can affect the life span of your battery. One of them is how often it is charged and discharged, how much power it uses when in use. Further, what type of environment it is used in (such as hot or cold). If you want to prolong the life of your battery, try not to let it discharge too far before recharging. You should also avoid using your computer on maximum brightness for long periods of time. And don’t leave your laptop plugged into an outlet all day while not being used!
Also read: How to hold a gaming mouse
Points to be considered while replacing laptop battery
You can save money on a replacement battery by recycling your old laptop battery. And getting credit towards a new one or be proactive in charging your device properly so that it doesn’t lose its charge as quickly.
Luckily there are ways that save money on this essential device! You could purchase an extended warranty for your laptop battery when purchasing your new device or if you have an older laptop, search online for recycling centers that will recycle the old battery in return for credit towards a replacement battery. Another way is by utilizing some free software programs like BatteryCare which allows users to monitor their batteries’
Free software programs like BatteryCare will help you maximize the life of your laptop battery and ensure that you get the most out of each charge cycle. These tools also allow for easy monitoring of how much power is left in each device, which is helpful when traveling with multiple devices or using more than one computer at home or work. Downloading this free software program could save you hundreds over time!
Tips to know while looking for How much does a laptop battery cost in 2022
Depending on the usage, most laptop batteries will last one to two years and will be good for up to 350 to 450 charges. After this amount, the battery will start to lose its capacity to hold a charge and will slowly start to offer less and less time on the battery. What may have been 10 hours, in the beginning, may only be five hours today.
Always recycle your laptop batteries at local office supply chains.
To know which laptop battery you have installed, go to your control panel on your computer and look for the power options button. Click this, and look for the power meter tab with a battery icon. On this page, you will be able to see which battery your computer is currently using as it will list the manufacturer name, manufacturer data, serial number, bar-coding number and battery name (FRU part number.) With this information, you can search for your laptop battery online and find the exact battery you’re using right now. Not all batteries will be created equally and you should always match the voltage on your current battery.
If your laptop battery is dying in less than 60 minutes, then there’s a good chance it’s faulty. Other common symptoms include not charging when being plugged.
Points for attention
- If your laptop’s battery is still good, don’t connect it in. Most laptops have a battery that can be removed and set aside. The majority of people are unaware that as long as the laptop is plugged in, it will not require the battery to operate.
- By clicking on the battery indicator in the lower right-hand corner, you can activate your laptop’s battery savings mode.
- While utilizing the battery, unplug any devices that aren’t in use, such as an external hard drive or a webcam.
- If at all possible, plug in your battery before it reaches 20% capacity. Because you won’t be placing pressure on the battery as it tries to keep itself alive, you’ll be able to extend its life.
- Because the company can keep the information on the RAM rather than the hard drive, extending your RAM has been shown to extend your battery life.
- Lowering the screen brightness can help you get more battery life out of your device.
- Because the computer won’t have to constantly hunt for a connection if one isn’t available, turning off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth can reduce battery life significantly.
- Invest in a solid-state drive (SSD), which employs flash memory and consumes significantly less power than a typical hard drive.
- When you have too many programmes open on your laptop, place it on a hard surface to allow it to cool down. Overheating can put a load on your computer, making it work harder and draining its battery.
Save money while buying laptop battery
- Instead of purchasing a third-party laptop battery, consider purchasing an OEM laptop battery, which has a longer lifespan and higher quality. Furthermore, some third-party batteries may skimp on safety safeguards, causing damage to your laptop or even a fire.
- Most big firms will ship a replacement if the laptop is still under warranty, which is usually less than 18 months. Always maintain all essential documents and register your laptop to ensure that you can acquire a new battery if your present one dies.
- Purchase from a branded store instead than a typical big box or online shop since branded stores tend to mark up their costs more than a regular big box or online shop.
Read about: Best Budget Laptop for Podcasting